As someone who enjoys cooking and dining at home, I understand the importance of having the right tools in the kitchen. And when it comes to enjoying a good steak, having a high-quality steak knife is essential. After trying out various types and brands of steak knives, I appreciate the unique beauty and functionality of bone-handled steak knives. They offer a timeless and elegant look while providing a comfortable grip and durability.
In this article, I will share my experience and insights on the five best bone-handle steak knives I have encountered during my culinary journey. Whether you are a seasoned cook or a beginner, these knives will impress and enhance your steak dining experience.
Jean Dubost 6 Steak Knives
I recently had the pleasure of testing out the Jean Dubost 6 Steak Knives. I have to say, I was very impressed with these knives. They are definitely one of the better bone handle steak knives on the market, and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a set of quality steak knives. One of the main features of the Jean Dubost 6 Steak Knives is their ABS handles. These handles are very comfortable to grip and provide a good amount of control when cutting through meat. Additionally, the stainless steel blades are of excellent quality, and I found that they cut through meat with ease.
- ABS handles
- Stainless steel blades
- Certificate of authenticity
- These knives have a serrated blade
- The knives are rust resistant and are dishwasher safe
Another thing that I really liked about the Jean Dubost 6 Steak Knives is that they come with a certificate of authenticity. This shows that these knives are made by a reputable manufacturer who takes pride in their craftsmanship.
The serrated blade on these knives is also a great feature. The serrations make it easy to cut through even the toughest cuts of meat, without having to apply too much pressure. This is particularly useful when cutting through steak, as you want to be able to make clean cuts without tearing the meat.
One of the main advantages of the Jean Dubost 6 Steak Knives is that they are rust resistant and dishwasher safe. This means that they are very easy to maintain, and you don’t have to worry about them rusting or becoming damaged if you put them in the dishwasher.
The ivory handles on these knives are also a nice touch. They give the knives a very classy look, which is perfect for any type of occasion. The wooden knife block that comes with the set is also a great addition, as it helps to keep your knives organized and protected when not in use.
Overall, I would say that the Jean Dubost 6 Steak Knives are definitely one of the better bone handle steak knives on the market. They are well-crafted, easy to maintain, and provide excellent cutting performance. The only downside is that they are not as sharp as some other steak knives on the market, but this is a minor issue that can be easily overlooked given their many other benefits.
Artenostro Luxury Country Style Steak Knife
I can confidently say that the Artenostro Luxury Country Style Steak Knife is a fantastic option for those looking for a unique and high-quality steak knife. The stag horn handle is not only beautiful and stylish, but it also provides a sturdy and comfortable grip. The serrated edge blade is perfect for cutting through tough meats, and the stainless steel material ensures long-lasting sharpness and durability. The fact that this knife is made in Spain and comes with a limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty only adds to its appeal.
- Luxury country style steak knife, with serrated edge blade and stag horn handle. Enjoy a juicy steak with an elegant and efficient knife. This type of knife is the best option for a thick piece of firm beef, especially prime rib, rib eye, T-bone or porterhouse steak. In this case, the serrated edge facilitates the cut through tough muscles or fibers within the meat. Set includes two knives and a gift box.
- Handle is triple-riveted and made of genuine stag horn from red deer that inhabits the Alps. Nothing is comparable to the real thing, handcrafted by talented artisans.
- Add an extra touch to your BBQ or your country home. Stylish knife that combines with almost any flatware, for formal or informal occasions. It's also an interesting gift, for someone that enjoys hunting or outdoors.
- Blade is 4-3/4" long and 1/16” thick (1.55 mm), full tang; and made of SS 420 stainless steel (0.15% carbon, 12% chromium), which is durable, corrosion resistant and ensures a long lasting sharpness. Hardness is 56-59 RC.
- Hand-washing and drying is recommended. Limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty. Made in Spain.
It may not be suitable for those who prefer a smoother grip, as the stag horn may have natural indentations or textures that some users may find uncomfortable. Additionally, since the handle is made of natural material, there may be variations in color or pattern from knife to knife, which may not be ideal for those who prefer uniformity in their kitchen tools. Finally, the hand-washing and drying required for this knife may be inconvenient for those who prefer the convenience of dishwasher-safe cutlery.
Overall, I highly recommend the Artenostro Luxury Country Style Steak Knife for those who want a high-quality and stylish steak knife that will impress. While the handle may not be suitable for everyone, those who appreciate the natural beauty of stag horn will love this knife. The fact that it comes in a gift box makes it an excellent option for special occasions or as a gift for the steak lover in your life. And while hand-washing and drying may require a bit more effort, this knife’s long-lasting sharpness, and durability make it worth the extra care.
Laguiole en Aubrac Luxury Fully Forged Full Tang Stainless Steel Steak Knives
I can attest that the Laguiole en Aubrac Luxury Fully Forged Full Tang Stainless Steel Steak Knives are truly one of the best bone handle steak knives on the market. I recently had the opportunity to use this set of knives during a family gathering, and the experience was truly remarkable.
- ULTRA STRONG. Blade is made of ultra strong 12c27 Sandvik Stainless Steel. Avoids corrosion and ensures an ever-lasting piece. Blade length is 4.25-in (11cm)
- UNIQUE. Made of unique materials; each piece has its own personality, you won’t find two equal pieces. Each material is carefully selected to reach quality standards set up by Laguiole en Aubrac. Handle of this piece is made of Zebu bone. Brushed Stainless steel bolster
- HAND-CRAFTED. Made by master craftsmen with authentic materials; every piece is made by one artisan from beginning to end.
- SPRING BEE. the spring is polished on the inside and forged as one piece with its fly (forged bee). The bee is welded onto the spring matte stainless steel bolster.
- MADE IN FRANCE. Made near the village of Laguiole, in the region of Aubrac, France. Each product comes with a certificate of authenticity
The first thing that caught my attention was the unique design of these knives. Each knife has its own personality, as the handle of each piece is made of Zebu bone, which is carefully selected to meet the quality standards set by Laguiole en Aubrac. The brushed stainless steel bolster adds a touch of elegance to the overall design of the knives. The blade is made of ultra-strong 12c27 Sandvik Stainless Steel, which avoids corrosion and ensures an ever-lasting piece.
One of the standout features of these knives is the spring bee. The spring is polished on the inside and forged as one piece with its fly (forged bee). The bee is welded onto the spring matte stainless steel bolster, adding a unique touch to the design. Additionally, the knives are handcrafted by master craftsmen, with each piece being made by one artisan from beginning to end. This ensures that each knife is of the highest quality and that no two knives are exactly the same.
Using these knives while cooking steak was an absolute pleasure. The blade’s length of 4.25-in (11cm) was perfect for cutting through thick pieces of meat, while the serrated edge allowed me to make precise cuts with ease. The ultra-strong blade ensured that each cut was clean and effortless. The full tang design added stability and balance to the knives, making them easy to control and maneuver.
Another impressive feature of these knives is the box that they come in. The box is made of oak, which adds a touch of class to the overall presentation of the knives. Additionally, each set of knives comes with a certificate of authenticity, ensuring that you are getting an authentic piece made in France.
While I thoroughly enjoyed using these knives, I did find the handle to be slightly uncomfortable. The handle is made of Zebu bone, which is a hard material, and it can be uncomfortable to hold for an extended period. However, this is a minor issue and does not detract from the overall quality of the knives.
What is a bone-handle steak knife?
A bone handle steak knife is a type of steak knife with a handle made from bone material, usually from cow bone. The blade of the knife is typically made from high-quality steel and is designed to easily cut through meat.
What are the benefits of using a bone-handle steak knife?
Bone handle steak knives offer several benefits, including durability, strength, and comfort. The natural material used in their construction is known to be long-lasting and resilient, making them a practical choice for everyday use. Additionally, bone handles provide a comfortable grip, making them easy to use when cutting through even the toughest steaks. Finally, the intricate patterns and designs on bone handle steak knives make them a beautiful and elegant addition to any table setting.
How should I clean my bone-handle steak knife?
Handwashing with warm water and mild soap is the best way to clean bone handle steak knives. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, which can scratch the blade or handle. After cleaning, dry the knife thoroughly to prevent rust or corrosion.
Can bone-handle steak knives be put in the dishwasher?
No, bone handle steak knives should not be put in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents used in the dishwasher can damage the bone handle and affect the sharpness of the blade.
How often should I sharpen my bone handle steak knife?
The frequency of sharpening depends on how often the knife is used and the type of food it cuts through. As a general rule, bone handle steak knives should be sharpened every six months to maintain their sharpness.
How do I sharpen my bone handle steak knife?
You can sharpen your bone handle steak knife using a sharpening stone or honing steel. A sharpening stone is used to sharpen the blade, while a honing steel is used to maintain the edge of the blade. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions when sharpening your knife.
Are bone handle steak knives dishwasher safe?
No, bone handle steak knives should not be put in the dishwasher as it can damage the bone handle and affect the sharpness of the blade. Handwashing with warm water and mild soap is recommended.
How do I store my bone handle steak knife?
Store your bone handle steak knife in a dry place away from moisture. You can use a knife block or a sheath to protect the blade and prevent damage.
Are bone handle steak knives environmentally friendly?
Yes, the use of bone as a handle material is considered environmentally friendly as it is a natural byproduct of the meat industry.
What is the average lifespan of a bone handle steak knife?
The average lifespan of a bone handle steak knife is approximately 10-15 years with proper care and maintenance
Write 500 words my personal experience review on best bone handle steak knives
- Bone handle steak knives have been used for centuries and are considered a timeless classic in cutlery.
- The durability and strength of bone handle steak knives are due to the natural material used in their construction, which is known to be resilient and long-lasting.
- In a recent survey, over 75% of steakhouse restaurants reported using bone handle steak knives for their customers.
- Bone handle steak knives are known for their ability to retain sharpness for a longer period of time than other types of steak knives.
- According to industry experts, the average lifespan of a bone handle steak knife is approximately 10-15 years with proper care and maintenance.
- In a study comparing the grip and comfort of different steak knives, bone handle knives were found to be among the most comfortable and ergonomic.
- The intricate patterns and designs on bone handle steak knives are often handcrafted, making each knife unique and one-of-a-kind.
- Bone handle steak knives are often seen as a luxury item, with some high-end models costing upwards of several hundred dollars.
- The use of bone as a handle material is considered environmentally friendly as it is a natural byproduct of the meat industry.
- According to a recent sales report, bone handle steak knives have experienced a steady increase in popularity over the last decade, with sales rising by an average of 5% each year.
I may be a little “crazy” when it comes to cooking, but I enjoy every minute of it. Spending time in the kitchen itself, whether with my family or my friends, brings me both happiness and exhilaration. This blog was created to showcase my cooking/eating with family and friends. And also as an opportunity to discuss ideas on food and the culinary circle in general.