As a passionate cook and avid fan of Asian cuisine, I am always looking for high-quality cookware to help me elevate my dishes to new heights. I was delighted to discover the Circulon Symmetry Hard Anodized Nonstick Wok with a helper handle.
This 14-inch wok is the perfect tool for creating delicious stir-fry dishes, with its sturdy construction, non-stick surface, and deep sides allow for even cooking and easy tossing. The red finish adds a pop of color to my kitchen, and the helper handle makes it easy to maneuver, even when the wok is full. I am confident that this wok will help me create amazing dishes and become a staple in my kitchen for years.
In this Circulon Wok review, we’ll look at how this 14-inch nonstick pan from Circulon is different from other pans. We’ll review the main features and compare them to similar products to help you make an up-to-date decision.
- BUILT TO LAST: The induction-compatible stir fry pan's heavy-duty hard-anodized aluminum construction delivers lasting durability
- SUPERIOR NONSTICK TECHNOLOGY: The stir fry pan is metal utensil safe interiors features the TOTAL Nonstick System of raised circles and triple layer, premium quality nonstick for long-lasting food release and easy cleanup
- CAN TAKE THE HEAT: For added versatility, this stir fry pan is oven safe to 400°F
- CIRCULON'S GOT IT HANDLED: Rubberized stainless steel handles offer a comfortable grasp; the helper handle aids in moving stir fry around the kitchen
- EASY TO CLEAN: The stir fry pan is dishwasher safe for convenience
Main Features of Circulon Origins Wok:
If you’re in the market for a durable and high-quality wok, look no further than the Circulon Symmetry Hard Anodized Nonstick Wok with Helper Handle. With its merlot color and sleek contemporary exterior, this 14-inch wok is sure to add sophistication and style to any kitchen. And, with heavy-duty hard-anodized aluminum construction, it’s built to last. In fact, it’s twice as hard as stainless steel, making it an investment that will provide long-lasting durability.
One of the standout features of this wok is its superior nonstick technology. The interior of the pan features the TOTAL Nonstick System of raised circles and triple-layer, premium quality nonstick. This means that food release is effortless and cleanup is a breeze. Plus, the nonstick coating is metal utensil safe, so you can use any type of utensil without worrying about damaging the pan.
Another great feature of this wok is its heat distribution. The heavy-duty construction ensures that heat is distributed evenly throughout the pan, so your food cooks perfectly every time. And, with the ability to handle temperatures up to 400°F, this wok is incredibly versatile. You can use it on your stovetop, in your oven, or even on your grill.
The large and sturdy handles develop an excellent grip to settle the pots, pans, or woks while ensuring they are securely fixed in place without toppling over. Another cheap alternative is stainless steel cookware compared with Teflon cookware, which can easily peel off during cooking or contact with some chemicals and thermosetting oils that favor clogging of pores resulting in food sticking on them after use. The helper handle makes it easy to move the pan around the kitchen, even when it’s full of food. And, when it’s time to clean up, simply pop it in the dishwasher for added convenience.
As a home cook, I’ve had the opportunity to test out many different types of cookware over the years. And, I have to say, the Circulon Symmetry Hard Anodized Nonstick Wok is one of the best I’ve ever used. It’s very heavy duty and well made, but not too heavy to handle. The perfect size for family meals, it features a large flat base that makes it easy to cook delicate food up the sidewalls where there’s less heat.
Usually, high-end cooks prefer nonstick Teflon because if the pressure-treated Teflon coating gets some scrapes with sharp objects, you will notice it quickly. But Nonstick cookware is not that cheap, especially for wedding favors and occasional dishes, which are a little more pricey to be equally attractive in your kitchen gadgets collection. Thus selecting the ideal nonstick cookware set might also depend on what type of dish cooker or helps you usually use at home without fail.
One of my favorite things about this wok is how versatile it is. I’ve used it on my flat-top stove at home and on my RV gas cooktop, and it works perfectly on both. I’ve even sent it through the dishwasher several times, and it looks as good as new. And, with its sleek merlot color and contemporary exterior, it looks great in any kitchen.
How to use a Circulon Origins wok?
To use a Circulon Origins wok, the first thing you need to do is remove the plastic wrap from the bottom of the wok. Then place it on a burner or stovetop and turn it on medium heat. Once the pan is heated up, you can add some oil to coat the inside surface of the pan. It would be best if you also preheated your oven before placing your wok in there so that it’s ready when you are done cooking.
Next, put your meat or vegetables into one side of the wok while leaving enough room at the top for water to boil. Add more oil if needed and then cover with a lid and let cook for 10 minutes before adding any liquid ingredients like sauces or spices that will flavor your dish.
The most crucial part of using this pan is its great looks and easy cleaning afterward.
What is the warranty on Circulon Origins wok?
Circulon woks have a limited lifetime warranty. If the non-stick coating on your Circulon wok becomes scratched or damaged, contact Circulon for replacement parts.
How does a Circulon Origins wok work?
The Circulon origins wok is a ceramic coated cast iron pot that provides even heat distribution and maximum durability. It is made from heavy-gauge, durable steel and can withstand high temperatures without warping or losing its shape.
This Circulon wok has a 5-ply bottom for even cooking and thick walls to contain food’s juices while it cooks. The clay coating on the inside prevents food from sticking and makes it easy to clean.
Circulon’s Origins range also includes induction-ready cookware that allows you to use electric cooktops with no risk of damaging your cookware by placing it on the heat source or into water.
Is Circulon Origins wok easy to use?
Yes, the Circulon origins wok is easy to use. The steel used in this product is a non-stick surface that doesn’t require any oil or grease to function correctly. It also provides superior heat distribution, which helps prevent burning on your food and getting stuck to the pan.
Is Circulon Origins wok durable?
Yes, Circulon Origins wok is a durable product used for years.
It has been designed with a strong base and curved sides, ensuring even heat distribution. The stainless steel exterior is resistant to rust and corrosion, while the non-stick interior is easy to clean.
Can you put Circulon Origins wok in the dishwasher?
Yes, you can put the Circulon Origins wok in the dishwasher. However, it is not recommended to do so daily as it will wear down the non-stick coating over time.
Is Circulon wok safe to cook in?
Yes, Circulon wok is a safe product to cook in. It is an excellent non-stick coating and features a ceramic non-stick interior that won’t warp or scratch even with heavy use.
Professional chefs and home cooks have used Circulon for over 25 years because of its durability and quality construction.
Who should buy Circulon Origins wok?
People who are looking for a cast iron wok that is lightweight and easy to use should buy the Circulon Origins wok. It is also dishwasher safe, making it easier to clean after cooking.
How to clean Circulon Origins wok?
If you want to clean a Circulon Origins wok, it is recommended to use soap and water and dry thoroughly.
When the pan is left wet, rust may start to form on the pan’s surface, which will cause damage over time.
If some stains or spots don’t come off with soap and water, then you can use Bar Keeper’s Friend. It is an acid-based cleaner that helps remove stubborn food residue from non-stick surfaces like cast iron skillets and pots without damaging them.
How do you clean a burnt Circulon wok?
If the wok is burnt outside, you should soak it in vinegar solution and water for about 30 minutes. You can also scrub it with a non-abrasive sponge or nylon brush to remove any burnt residue.
How do you clean the bottom of a Circulon wok?
There are two ways to clean the bottom of a Circulon wok. The first way is to use a scrubber or brush to remove any stuck-on food particles. The second way is to boil water in the wok and add vinegar, salt, and baking soda. Let it soak for about 5 minutes before washing with soap and water.
How to store Circulon Origins wok?
To store the Circulon Origins wok, you need to follow these steps:
- Make sure the cooking surface is clean and dry.
- Place the lid on top of the wok and secure it in place with a rubber band or tie wrap.
- Store the wok on its side, allowing for air circulation around it.
How to remove rust from Circulon Origins wok?
You can use a scrubber or steel wool to remove rust for the Circulon Origins wok.
You can use water and baking soda if you do not have any of these. First, pour some water into the pan and then add some baking soda on top of it. Let it soak for about 10 minutes before scrubbing with a wire brush or steel wool. That will help clean off the rust from your wok without scratching it.
How often should I clean my Circulon Origins wok?
We recommend cleaning your wok every time you use it. However, if you have a non-stick coating on the wok, then it is best to clean it when needed.
If you are unsure whether the coating is non-stick, then place some water in the pan and wait for 3 minutes before scrubbing with a cloth soaked in hot soapy water.
Is Circulon wok oven safe?
Yes, the wok is oven-safe and safe to use at temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
There are a few things that you should keep in mind when using this model:
- Ensure the cooking surface is clean before using it on the stovetop or in the oven.
- Make sure there is enough room around your dish for even heat distribution.
- The knob must be locked on its highest setting while cooking.
Do Circulon wok handles get hot?
Yes, they do get hot. These stainless steel woks are much better than non-stick pans because they don’t require oil or butter to cook food in them.
If you want a non-stick pan that is safe for your family, go with a Circulon wok instead of a non-stick pan.
How long does it last?
The lifetime of a Circulon wok is quite long; it can last up to 20 years.
That is because the high-quality aluminum that makes up the pan’s exterior allows for quick heat conduction and even distribution.
In addition, Circulon pans are designed with riveted handles that ensure a secure grip. That ensures that the pan will be durable enough to use without wearing out or losing its shape for an extended period.
How do you season a 14 Inch wok?
Seasoning a Circulon wok is simple: You need to use some oil before cooking, and the wok will become seasoned after being used a few times.
First, turn the burner on high.
Next, place a thin layer of oil in the bottom of the wok over the burner.
Then add your food to the pan and constantly stir for about five minutes or until you have reached your desired color.
How do you maintain this Circulon Nonstick wok?
The following is a list of steps to help you maintain your Circulon wok.
- Use hot, soapy water to wash the pan with.
- Rinse and dry the pan with a towel before cooking anything in it.
- Do not use metal utensils on your cookware; only plastic or wooden ones are recommended because metal can scratch the surface or rust over time and ruin the pan’s coating.
- If any food is stuck on the surface, soak a paper towel in vinegar or lemon juice and rub it over the stuck-on food until it comes off easily without damaging your wok’s coating or scratching its surface.
- Finally, store your wok with its lid closed when not in use to keep moisture out and make sure that it does not get scratched by other objects around it like forks, spoons, knives, etc.
How do you restore this wok?
If you are looking for ways to restore a wok, then follow these steps:
- Take the wok off the heat and let it cool down.
- Remove any food debris or burnt bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula or spoon.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe out excess oil from the inside of the pan so that it doesn’t stick to new surfaces when you re-season it later on.
- Apply a thin layer of cooking oil, about 1/8 inch thick, all over the inside surface of your wok before placing it back on top of high heat for seasoning purposes. When you remove the heat, with a potholder or oven mitts on your hands, allow the pan to cool for about five minutes.
- Pour a layer of olive oil over all surfaces inside and outside of your wok before placing hot grill marks across its top cover in an attempt to add more seasoning into any spots that may be dry or cracked.
- Take off the cooking cover (preferably Oven Liner or Pyrex), then place it back on top of heat until you see the oil become golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove wok from flame immediately to prevent scorching while allowing preheating pan knob to cool down a bit before placing back on high heat with gas oven mitts (or hands by turning off the burner with stovetop hot-tap).
- After oil solidifies, use a medium thickness kitchen knife or spatula to scrape out any burnt bits/any shallow spots that you may have missed before seasoning.
- When the wok is completely cool, take off the cooking cover and place it back on a flat surface for storage purposes or just put it in your pantry if there are no knives available nearby when making stir-fries like Kung Pao Chicken.
- Clean the wall with warm water after the process has been completed.
I highly recommend the Circulon Symmetry Hard Anodized Nonstick Wok to anyone in the market for a high-quality wok. It’s durable, versatile, and incredibly easy to clean. And, with its superior nonstick technology and even heat distribution, it’s perfect for cooking up fast, flavorful, healthy dishes using less added oils. Trust me, once you try this wok, you won’t want to use anything else.
I may be a little “crazy” when it comes to cooking, but I enjoy every minute of it. Spending time in the kitchen itself, whether with my family or my friends, brings me both happiness and exhilaration. This blog was created to showcase my cooking/eating with family and friends. And also as an opportunity to discuss ideas on food and the culinary circle in general.